My Week in Pictures: Week 1

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 1:



This week consisted of moving back to university with all my christmas and boxing day goodies! Which was a nightmare as there was too much stuff so I might not have finished unpacking yet as you can see...However the journey back to good old Yorkshire was as picturesque as ever. 

I handed in my first ever individual essay at university, trust me, it is daunting and references are not your friend (EVER) but there was a big weight off my shoulders till the next day, when I had a biology exam. All that procrastination over the first term has quickly come to an end, it was time to buckle down and revise, hope and cram like crazy; not the best of moves but I would rather take an exam again than write a whole 3000 word essay! 

After all that drama, it was time for a well deserved chocolate cake break and let me tell you, it was like heaven on earth!!! (P.s. you should always warm your slice of chocolate cake up for 15 - 30 seconds in the microwave before eating). The layer of butter cream had melted chocolate mixed into it - I don't regret anything. However myself and my flatmates have started working out in the comfort of our kitchen, for student accommodation the kitchen is quite large. My next blog post will be fitness related, at the moment we are on day 5 and still going strong. 

Also a big tip for any first year university students or soon to be freshers, don't worry about buying a television, Sky and a TV license, if you parents have a Sky box, they will mostly likely be able to access 'Sky go', which is like BBC iplayer with the options of catch up or live streaming - you do not need a TV license as your parents have paid for it back home; all you have to do is sign in on which ever device you use and there you go, Sky TV channels!

The TV shows I have started to be obsessed with are Mercy - it is a drama based in a hospital, following the lives of three nurses (Only 1 series :(  ) and the Amish Mafia, I don't know why I like it so much but :). 

Hope you all have a great week!

Thanks :)



6 comments:

  1. The cake looks so yummy! x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You have a very lovely blog! ^_^

    Lets stay in touch! Lets follow each other on gfc, g+, bloglovin' .. DO let me know will follow right back!

    http://the-glamorous-diva.blogspot.in/

    https://www.facebook.com/theglamorousdiva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award! All the info is here: http://pennyrugburn.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree references are not your friend!! I'm studying Law at Durham Uni and references are the bane of my life!!!! Lovely photos :)
    xxxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blog you have! Fab pictures too, that cake looks DELICIOUS. x

    http://www.olivias-notbeook.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete