New Year's Resolutions & Goals!

Saturday, January 04, 2014



Before you stop reading this post, it is not going to be a typical new years resolutions list. I'm going to focus on 4 different aspects of my life/goals and try to improve upon them as much as I can, yes I may fall at the first hurdle but I am going to try 100%. 

1. Get back on track with my healthy lifestyle - last year I lost nearly a stone and looked/felt a lot better for it however when my holiday and university came round I slipped down the slope of junk food and larger meals. Now I'm more comfortable and settled at university so I'm going to set my meals and have snacks prepared. I will be posting some food/fitness related posts throughout the next few months (let me know your transformation stories in the comments below).

2. Find a house! - My second year of university is coming round quickly and I need to start sorting out where I will be living in September which is quite daunting! Moving into halls of residence (where the majority of first year students tend to live) was the first time I've moved away from home; my flat mates couldn't be better so I have lucked out there but every year is going to be very stressful moving from place to place until the three years is up. 

3. Help OTHERS - Being back at home for the holidays has really made me appreciate what I have and what my family does for me. I want to help and give back as much as I can, I am truly in a privileged position to have what I have and to be able to do what I do without worrying. Have you seen any acts of kindness to strangers over the festive period?

4. Wake up with a smile - As the Shaytards (a vlogging family on YouTube) say, you should always start your day off in a good mood; all you have to do is smile and think positively. Just by doing this simple act you can change your whole mood for the rest of the day.



Aimee





4 comments:

  1. awww i loved that quote- and how true is it? I really like all your resolutions, especially the last one. and good luck finding your house, i know that can be a stressful search!!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the 4th resolution, it's so true! we all should wake up with a smile :) and it'll be great to read some post about fitness and food

    x
    Geek’s diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. I am now following you on both blogger and bloglovin! Makes sure your doing the same with my blog :)

    Hollie x
    http://holliefurniss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i so agree with the 4th resolution, smiling is so easy and at the same time it can change absolutely everything. and as for the first resolution, the exact same thing happened to me! i lost 20 lbs last year and i finally felt comfortable with my body, but since i started uni i gained a lot and i'm ready to get fit again u.u happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete